QSR, Cakewalk 8 and The Meaning of Strife...
Posted by Dave Gutshall on September 08, 1999 at 14:04:01:
As a relative newcomer to MIDI beyond the basics (Have been running a Yamaha PSR-530 direct to cakewalk via seial port connection), the recent addition of a QSR to the line up has thrown me a couple curve balls.
Here's the lineup:
PC (AMD K6-2 450Mhz, 128MB RAM, etc)
Yamaha PSR-530 Keyboard (Connected via serial cable to COM 1)
QSR (Connected via serial cable to COM 2, and from PSR-530 MIDI OUT to QSR MIDI IN for off-line playing)
Now the questions...:
1. With the QSR's global settings correct (Gen. MIDI OFF, Control at PC 38.5, Cakewalk instrument assigned to Controller 0 and using QSR.ins instrument definition), QSR will not play Cakewalk instructions. Suggestions?
2. Using patches form Cakewalk instrument definition downloaded from this site gives me completely different patch on QSR display (ex. "TrueStereo" on Cakewalk results in "Asylum Kit" on QSR). Suggestions?
3. Using MIDI connection between PSR530 and QSR, QSR plays fine, but patch selection has to be performed manually (Using patch change controller on keyboard yields eratic results). Suggestions?
Okay folks, the big question is simple -- Am I a certifiable idiot, or was there something I missed?
Thanks in advance for any and all criticism you can provide...
- Re: QSR, Cakewalk 8 and The Meaning of Strife... Les Winters 9/08/99
- Re: QSR, Cakewalk 8 and The Meaning of Strife... scott 9/08/99
- Re: QSR, Cakewalk 8 and The Meaning of Strife... Chris Vance 9/23/99
- Re: QSR, Cakewalk 8 and The Meaning of Strife... Chris Vance 9/23/99 (0)