Re: Correct Flashram.... where to get in Europe... (preferrably in the Netherlans)
Posted by Markus Nentwig on September 02, 1998 at 09:11:05:
In Reply to: Re: Correct Flashram.... where to get in Europe... (preferrably in the Netherlans) posted by Fred on September 01, 1998 at 14:29:51:
My card looks a little different (can't tell you what exactly, don't have it with me now, sorry)
But it has definitely not a ceramic casing. I think, there's also metal involved.
The story with the 'metal' case was like this:
A certain type of AMD cards worked, another not. The working cards had a ceramic casing, the other a metal casing.
The error was found in the QS' internal wiring, but someone (I think from Alesis) stated, that the cards were also different internally.
So I guess (personal guess, don't blame me later) that the metal casing is not the cause of the malfunction, but only a means how to recognize these AMD cards that didn't work well - it looks like it was coincidence that only these cards got the metal casing.
- Don't order an original ALESIS card, at least not for the outrageous price I've heard.
- If the dealer says 'it works with QS' - get it
- If he doesn't, don't.
Additional flash card info:
- samples can be stored
- one bank of prog/mix can be stored ONLY BY SOUNDBRIDGE
- the 16bit PC SB version mutilates (really!) all but the first 16 mixes
- don't know about the 32bit version.
- the STORE button on your QS is USELESS with the card.
- up to 50 sequences can be stored
- burning of 8 MB needs more than an hour.
- change of only one bit needs complete card rewrite
One more thing: don't buy one of these 'mini-flash-cards' for digital cameras with an adapter: The dealer says 'it works', but I've heard different...
- Re: Correct Flashram.... where to get in Europe... (preferrably in the Netherlans) Markus Nentwig 9/07/98