Questions involve 4 Gears (JV, CW, QSR, MPU401)
Posted by Hau Tristan on June 21, 1998 at 22:26:07:
This MIDI problem involves 4 gears. If this is not the right place to post.
I am sorry about that.
1 MIDIMan MPU-401 Interface card (1 in, 1 out)
1 Cakewalk 6.0 (Windows 95)
1 Roland JV-1000 (1 in, 1 out and 1 thru)
Everything went fine. Compose and listen from JV with no prob.
I bought an Alesis QSR with the above gears hooked up. The "thru" of JV
is connected to QSR's IN. (according to QSR's manual)
Questions : (Sounds are came from the phone jack)
1) When I turn off my pc, there are no sound from QSR (Phone Jack). When I turn on
my PC, play a note on JV, QSR alive ! Do I need to turn on my PC when I want to
play sounds ??
2) Booting to Win95 -> using MS word -> play some notes from JV -> QSR has output.
3) Fire up Cakewalk (the same old config.) -> play some notes from JV -> QSR
has no sound output.
4) Load a midi file and play it from Cakewalk -> QSR has sound output -> play notes
on JV -> Nooo Sound.
5) with the MIDI song still playing, JV has sound output (I put my headphone back to
it) -> play some notes -> I can hear those notes !!
I would like to hear from all of you that which part did I go wrong. 3 gears
here and lots of possibilities !!
Thanks & Best Regards!