Re: QS8 keyboard splits?
Posted by Jeff Tubaugh on December 14, 1997 at 06:47:21:
In Reply to: QS8 keyboard splits? posted by Darren Moran on December 12, 1997 at 23:58:47:
It's real easy on the QS7/8 (I have a QS7, but they function the same). You can have up to 16 (count 'em -- 16!) layers or splits on this keyboard. You set them up by using the "Mix" feature of the keyboard. There's a chapter in the manual on Editing Mixes. Here's how in a nutshell:
1. Push the MIX button
2. Push the EDIT SELECT button.
3. Push the button that corresponds to the channel
you want to edit (channels are identified in blue under
the buttons they correspond to)
4. Push the LEVEL button (60).
5. Be sure PROG ENABLE is ON.
6. Push the KEYBOARD/MIDI button (90).
7. Go to Page 3 (using the BANK buttons), and be sure
KEYBOARD is ON.
8. Push and hold the RANGE button (110).
9. Push the note you want for the bottom of the range for
the channel (that you identified in step 3).
10. Go to Page 2, push and hold the RANGE button again,
and push the note you want for the top of the range.
In a nutshell, there it is. Take a look through the MULTITIMBRE mix presest (I thinks its User Mix 0).