Re: WHat is daisy Chain??Need to get them Talking to each other.HELP!!!
[ Follow Ups ] [ The QuadraSynth Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by chuck on February 20, 2001 at 21:35:21:
In Reply to: WHat is daisy Chain??Need to get them Talking to each other.HELP!!! posted by sekemi on February 20, 2001 at 03:08:38:
Ok well this is what i THINK you need to do:
1. The MIDI In and Out on the QS 6.1 should be hooked to your computer through the MIDI interface on the computer. The Computer should be set to the MIDI ports on the sound card (check your Multimedia settings in the Control Panel [Start>Settings>Control Panel>Multimedia>MIDI Tab])
2. This is where the "I Think" part comes in: Have the MIDI Thru on the QS to the "IN" on the module,and some speakers/headphones to the sound out of the roland.
This setup is if you're playing MIDI from the COMPTUER ONLY. For keyboard to moduly, you may have to hook directly with the MIDI cable, or hook the module directly up to the computer w/ MIDI.
I hope I helped, good luck,
: HI All,
: THis are the pieces i need to get them talking to each other.....
: 1. Roland Xv 5080 module
: 2. QS 6.1(keyboard)
: 3. Pc pIII
: 4. Audio Logic Platinum 4.5(sequencer)
: Im new to all this...ANyway, i have tried to hook them up.
: Im using midi cable. From Qs midi in and midi out to the sound card port at pc.
: I was told that this act as the midi interface. IS that true?
: THen my module midi in to the midi thru in QS.I this is something like daisy chain
: but im not sure if thats the right connection.
: ANyway, i can't get any talking.
: Logic is playing the demo, sound coming out from the pc speaker.
: But when i try to play QS as a controler, using roland sound,
: Im not getting any sound or midi signal in neither roland nor the logic.
: Looks like PC is not getting message from QS
: n ROland is not getting message from QS.
: WHat could be wrong here?
: ONe quick question. In this case should i put midi out:OUT in QS???
: n midi Thru :ON in Logic???
: COUld it be the set up in the QS??
: please help.. im really lost.
: ANyone who helps will be greatly appreaciate.
: THanksss so much.....
- DO i still need interface?If i have that cable to the Joystick port? sekemi 2/21/2001
- Re: DO i still need interface?If i have that cable to the Joystick port? Rod 2/21/2001
- Re: DO i still need interface?If i have that cable to the Joystick port? Rod 2/21/2001 (0)